: dads kickin me out of the garage

pimpedout97x
11-07-2007, 09:55 PM
im tryin to get him to build me like an 8 x 12 or 15' shed in the back, ill pay the materials of course, i just need the area to build it lol.

problem is, our backyard is SMALL.

just temporarily, is there any storage places around south tampa that i can rent, that will let me work in the unit (working on the wall, or whatever else)

my friend has one but its too far out of the way, and the lady doesnt care if u park ur car in there and work on it or whatever. i called a place today, and theyre like no its just storage...i was like k bye, lol.

so ya, IF i cant build the shed (if i keep bugging him, he'll build it eventually) but im just curious about the storage unit...just trying to see if theres one around me (dale mabry and gandy) for those who live in tampa

orangecounty
11-07-2007, 10:55 PM
sounds like you have something you need to hide

pimpedout97x
11-08-2007, 08:16 AM
lol like wat

orangecounty
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
idk yoru the one looking for a "storage" to work from

pimpedout97x
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
no i really want a shed, i think hes gonna let me build one becuase if not i told him ill continue to do everything in the garage (the garage has smelt like resin for 3 days now) lol

plans are for a 9' x 16' shed

CBFryman
11-08-2007, 04:17 PM
9'x16' isnt that big.

Dont be a sissy and do your glassing outside.

pimpedout97x
11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
well i cant go any wider than 9' becuase from my house to the fence is about 11.5', so i gotta have room to walk by.

Chuck
11-08-2007, 05:42 PM
sounds like you have something you need to hide

Yeah, a car. :pointnlaugh:

Sorry, had to.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

pimpedout97x
11-08-2007, 06:16 PM
lol my car would fit in a 9x16

this is how i want it tho, with a door on the 9' wall

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pimpedout92x/Random%20Pics/DSCF2123.jpg

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
U-store it. Skipper Rd. Ask for Joyce or Garland.

CBFryman
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
lol my car would fit in a 9x16

this is how i want it tho, with a door on the 9' wall

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pimpedout92x/Random%20Pics/DSCF2123.jpg

Orly? It would be better if you just drove through the house. :wink:

lol

pimpedout97x
11-08-2007, 07:25 PM
U-store it. Skipper Rd. Ask for Joyce or Garland.

too far, and id rather spend 600-800 on materials and build something, rather then pay monthly, and in less than 8 months i could have just build a shed at my house.

Orly? It would be better if you just drove through the house. :wink:

lol

lol

CBFryman
11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
bring me some of thoes oranges or grape fruits or w/e the hell they are. I am getting scurvy eating this ****ty campus food.

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Andros FTW!

Terry Jackson
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
before you go building a shed you better find out what the city/county/state codes say. For example in our area a building has to be so many feet away from the property line/house/any other object on the property.

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Why don't you just use the whole space and put a door facing the backyard?

:banghead3:

pimpedout97x
11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
i have to be able to get by so i dont have to walk all the way around.

plus, if it touches the house it would be considered attached, therefore requiring an entry into the house, and my mom doesnt want a door in her bedroom going to my shed.

also, the window is there.

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok then, I just named the wrong side of the house. I thought this pic was in the backyard. Use the whole space. Don't touch the house (by inches) and put a door facing whatever direction you were when you took the pic.

Why is it that everything you do has to be a huge operation?

KickinAudio
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
or huge planning....

CBFryman
11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Andros FTW!

I just got back from 'dros. Chicken tacos, french fries, and Hi C. Followed up by some blueberry teat to go. Not a bad dinner but still meh. :banghead3:

pimpedout97x
11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Ok then, I just named the wrong side of the house. I thought this pic was in the backyard. Use the whole space. Don't touch the house (by inches) and put a door facing whatever direction you were when you took the pic.

Why is it that everything you do has to be a huge operation?

bro what the hell are you talking about? it IS in the backyard, im putting the door in the area im facing, and why would i put it inches from the house so you have to walk around the whole house to get to the other side of the yard? its not my house, its my dads....what he says is what gets done.

i think it would look retarded with a 2" gap in between the shed and house.

i dont see what you're referring to that is a "huge operation", but ok.

pimpedout97x
11-09-2007, 10:50 PM
also, i dont see why you keep mentioning the door, like you thought i was going to put it on the wall parallel to the house.....i said in the post that i posted the pic in, "and i will put the door on the 9' wall"

if you look, you can easily tell that the walls parallel with the house and the fence are the 16', while the other ones are the 9', which i said is where im putting the door....................

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-10-2007, 12:37 PM
i have to be able to get by so i dont have to walk all the way around.

plus, if it touches the house it would be considered attached, therefore requiring an entry into the house, and my mom doesnt want a door in her bedroom going to my shed.

also, the window is there.

This whole quote is why I said what I said.

Looking stupid is inevitable. No matter what you build in that cramped space, somebody's going to complain.

You're really going to sacrifice the amount of space that you gain by making it wider, so you can walk by it.....:crazy2:

There's a window there because the house was designed to stand on it's own without a rinky-dink hurricane projectile sitting next to it. So if you make the building further from the house does it really improve the view?:rolleyes2:

So what kind of floor will you have in there? Wood? Grass? You planning on putting your miniature BMW in there? It ain't that small....

Either you want to build a TEMPORARY building there or you don't.

If you do, there are consequences: ie. ugly, blocks window view, takes up space that you're not using already, doesn't fit anything useful, is impossible to work in, leaks water, floor unsuitable for working on, crawling with bugs, kills the grass, highly susceptible to theft of items left inside, possible code violation, pisses off neighbors, etc.

If you don't, there are consequences: ie. no place to dream up work that never gets done. :yeah:

pimpedout97x
11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
This whole quote is why I said what I said.

I fail to see, but w/e.

Looking stupid is inevitable. No matter what you build in that cramped space, somebody's going to complain.

its not that cramped, it looks small in the pic. for what IM going to use it for, its perfectly suitable. its nothing compared to your shop or even old shop, but im only using it for me, not to work out of like you, or working on other cars, etc.

who is going to complain? no one see's my backyard, the house behind me is empty.

You're really going to sacrifice the amount of space that you gain by making it wider, so you can walk by it.....:crazy2:

my dad has things on the other side of the house, and its kind of dumb to walk out the back entrance of the house, and not be able to access that side of the house....why wall around a 5k sq ft house when i can leave 2 feet so you can easily get by?

There's a window there because the house was designed to stand on it's own without a rinky-dink hurricane projectile sitting next to it. So if you make the building further from the house does it really improve the view?:rolleyes2:

1, if theres a hurricane, does it matter if i protect that window (building the shed closer to it) when every other window will get messed up in the process?

no, it doesnt.

2, i never mentioned anything about view, but again, having access to that side of the house from the back yard.

So what kind of floor will you have in there? Wood? Grass? You planning on putting your miniature BMW in there? It ain't that small....

Mulch?

Either you want to build a TEMPORARY building there or you don't.

never knew that a shed was a "temporary" building. had one at my old house, detached, and its been there for 10+ years, and has been since we moved out 3 years ago...reguardless of how close or far it is from the house, its still detached.

If you do, there are consequences: ie. ugly, blocks window view, takes up space that you're not using already, doesn't fit anything useful, is impossible to work in, leaks water, floor unsuitable for working on, crawling with bugs, kills the grass, highly susceptible to theft of items left inside, possible code violation, pisses off neighbors, etc.

not one of the consequences you listed will affect me. bugs, kill the grass, thieves????? come on dude, read what you just typed. im sure a thief is going to look and say "hmm, this is 2 ft from the house, i have a better chance of breaking in it" or "hmm, this shed is 1" from touching the house, i better not touch it"

never knew a thief could see my tools through a solid piece of wood either. also, just becuase i didnt mention it, doesnt mean im not going to, but im putting an alarm with a siren, it will have electric as well. possible a wall a/c unit if my dad kind find a used one.

water leaks? floor impossible to work on? whats the difference if the floor is 1" from the house foundation, rather than 2 feet?

killing the grass? theres no grass back there, only weeds. my dad wont mind if i kill the weeds for him.

also, read above, he's putting mulch.

impossible to work in? if you insist, ok, but im sure i can still work in it. my friend has a 8x12 shed and has plenty of room.

i rest my case.

If you don't, there are consequences: ie. no place to dream up work that never gets done. :yeah:

k?

Chuck
11-11-2007, 04:35 AM
Just build a Batcave.

I cant believe you havent thought of that already. Its so obvious.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

CBFryman
11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
N03s!!!