Team Nemesis Jonathan's Civic - Page 2 - FloridaSPL
FloridaSPL

Go Back   FloridaSPL > General Discussion > Show Off

Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
jay-cee
FloridaSPL Addict

Nice equipment, are those Jacobs new baskets that he has been working on?
jay-cee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
jlh2003
SPL + Florida

Send a message via Yahoo to jlh2003

no, they are not their a open tooled high excursion frame option....

Jasob's post this is a "high excursion" option for the Z v.3 12" woofers that I am going to offer for a while until our baskets are done. It allows us to use the 8 3/8" spider that we use on 15s normally and a cone with a massive surround to go with it. I'll have full stock of parts to make these as an option in a few weeks... cost is pending but will probably be around $50-60 or so. It's not something that everyone wants or needs but I saw a need for it for some of our SPL guys so we'll have it on the table for anyone that wants it once the parts are in!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

these are the new ones http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

AlphaDamp CLD Tiles - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener http://www.secondskinaudio.com/products/AlphaDamp.php
jlh2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #13
audioinformer
n00b

So, how do the new Sundown hybrid subs sound compared to the old SS subs? Also, how much louder are they?
audioinformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
jlh2003
SPL + Florida

Musical they sound amazing! A ton better then the old SS's ....the suspension/ soft parts on the SS subs were xtremly stiff...

I haven't done any testing or metering other then 2 MECA S4 runs for the state title did 147.5 at the headrest on 150a fuses to each 3500 and that was about 70-80% volume compared to normal....So I have no idea their full potential yet... Box needs to b redone right now and shrunk some

Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #15
audioinformer
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2003 View Post
Musical they sound amazing! A ton better then the old SS's ....the suspension/ soft parts on the SS subs were xtremly stiff...

I haven't done any testing or metering other then 2 MECA S4 runs for the state title did 147.5 at the headrest on 150a fuses to each 3500 and that was about 70-80% volume compared to normal....So I have no idea their full potential yet... Box needs to b redone right now and shrunk some
Which SS subs were you running? Also, why don't you go with complete Sundown subs since they are so much better? The subs you currently have would be close to what sub in the Sundown line up?
audioinformer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
jlh2003
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioinformer View Post
Which SS subs were you running? Also, why don't you go with complete Sundown subs since they are so much better? The subs you currently have would be close to what sub in the Sundown line up?
last year and at SBN I had the SS super sonic X's and then the Hypersonic's for a few months after until around July...

Sundown makes great subs, but I couldn't justify spending the xtra money to buy sundown subs since i already had the SS subs, when I can/did just have them rebuilt with sundown parts except the motors...

W/ the exception of the SS Hypersonic motors, my sub are basically Zv3's with upgraded spiders being NSv.3...

In due time I will prob get some NSv.3's when they are out but over the last few months things have been tough money wise so im making due with what I can...