Wall help! [Archive] - FloridaSPL

: Wall help!

Kenny Pollock
11-25-2006, 08:19 PM
I walled off my 1996 Chrysler LHS sedan for a Bass Race 140-149.9 and a LOUD daily driver. I'm putting my two fully-loaded 18" Fi BTLs in it hooked up to four Sundown Audio SAZ-1500Ds (just so you know).

It was going good at first, but now I'm not sure what to do. All of the people at the caraudio.com forums that I frequent are offering opinions/suggestions, and I'm just stuck with ideas. My teammate who was helping me out with it lives in Miami, 45 minutes south of me... and told me today he is not going to be able to work on it for a while.

I was wondering what you guys suggest and maybe I could get some helping hands here? I'm 16 years old, looking to hit the scene hard and hopefully be a part of the future of Bass Race.

Here's the thread with pics and eventually you'll see the topic take a turn... help a fellow Floridian out!

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197627

Miguel A
11-25-2006, 09:29 PM
it looks solid to me but i'm no wall builder ur team-mate looks familiar from Miami I used to live their 20 yrs and still go freguently to Miami and Hollywood area as well.some of the guys that were giving suggestions I would take and write down some good pointers was mentioned even if its on a future build....just my .02 cents but u should do awsome I personally would of used bigger amps it looks like ur going to underpower them subs only 1500 per woofer I would put 2 per woofer and it would help u out some more we saw them amps @ Nopi this yr they looked very intresting we talked to the owner of the company a friend of mine was checking out them amps their. u said u needed some help maybe I can what do u need help on?

Kenny Pollock
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm not very handy and we don't have access to a lot of tools because our teammate in Miami isn't going to be involved with the build for a while (might be moving, etc.)

I got a GREAT deal on the amps and Jacob at Sundown is an awesome person. Four amps strapped produced 10kw at a test involving reputable people... but that was with an AWESOME electrical system and I believe at 12.8 volts steady.

I won't be strapping them, I'll be doing one per coil... they're more efficient not strapped.

Kenny Pollock
11-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Anyone wanna come down to Hollywood one day this week (preferably not Friday) and work with a friend and I on the new wall?

We're tearing it down, I'm having a cabinet shop cut 13-ply Baltic Birch for the new build, and making a frame out of 2x4s to attach the Birch too. Any additional hands will help move this along greatly!!!

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-27-2006, 09:47 AM
You know Kenny, alot of guys on this forum cut their teeth building their first systems,. I recommend not worrying about being the best of the best this year and focusing on learning as much as possible about car audio SPL. Build your first set-up, play with it, learn what you did wrong, and get right back in there and make it better again. You'll appreciate it much more when you do the work yourself and actually understand how it works.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

Kenny Pollock
11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey Buzz,

I'm not looking for perfect right now... but when I don't feel confident with the build, I don't want to waste time & money to finish it, when I could be using that time and money making it something that I'm happy with, you know?

I am still working on it, but the more people that can contribute to it, the easier it will be for me to get it done.

Kenny

CalusaCustomConcepts
11-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I totally agree with you learning from standing on the shoulders of others. And a relatively simple thing that ALOT of people don't know is "what they don't know." It's important that you know that you CAN'T do what needs to be done. Hopefully, somebody who is near you can help you out and you can get this thing playing. Good luck.