FloridaSPL

FloridaSPL (https://www.floridaspl.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.floridaspl.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Too Good To be True (https://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27413)

josef344 05-07-2013 08:11 PM

Too Good To be True
 
I found a 10 500A ANL fuse for 13.75$.
It seems too good to be true.
Not sure if they are legit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-INSTALL-...item2a227d06c2

DrewImpala 05-07-2013 08:47 PM

Lol. The pic is clearly fake. However, I generally buy fuses on ebay all the time for right about a buck each. I think Install Bay are a little small for their rating, but a decent value over all. Install Bay is actually owned by Metra.

josef344 05-07-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewImpala (Post 517274)
Lol. The pic is clearly fake. However, I generally buy fuses on ebay all the time for right about a buck each. I think Install Bay are a little small for their rating, but a decent value over all. Install Bay is actually owned by Metra.

Lol I'm aware that the picture is fake.

I just happened to cross by that.
The cheapest that I've seen so far is 10.99$ each from Rocksford.

DrewImpala 05-07-2013 09:41 PM

I don't think your gonna see companies making over 300-350 amp really. Seeing how 0/1 wire is only rated to handle that amount.

GetDown 05-07-2013 10:40 PM

yea why would 500 amp be too good to be true? People running 500+ amp alternators now?

nitrodude 05-07-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewImpala (Post 517292)
I don't think your gonna see companies making over 300-350 amp really. Seeing how 0/1 wire is only rated to handle that amount.

There's bigger wire then 1/0 that can use anl fuses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GetDown (Post 517321)
yea why would 500 amp be too good to be true? People running 500+ amp alternators now?

I think "too good to be true" was reffering to the price, not the amperage
:wink:

GetDown 05-07-2013 11:10 PM

$13.75 is a good price for an ANL fuse? or is this sarcasm?

nitrodude 05-07-2013 11:11 PM

Not one. 10 of them.

GetDown 05-07-2013 11:12 PM

ohhh ok $1375.00 is good for 10 of them

ReggaeRasta 05-07-2013 11:36 PM

You Fuse For The Wire Rating, Not For The Alt Or Power Draw.

Otherwise, You Would Burn Your Car Down Drawing 500amps From
A single Run Of 1/0 Wire


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.