Craig22
n00b

Craig22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
DrewImpala
FloridaSPL Addict

His subs are in a sealed box firing directly into the back of the seat. There's nowhere for the airpressor that's be created to go. So it's forcing back on the subs. That was kinda my theory. Although the shop that installed it doesn't have the greatest reputation as being good installers so it could have been a poorly set amp. I won't know until I see everything first hand. I've just seen bits and pieces so far.
DrewImpala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #13
cody
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewImpala View Post
His subs are in a sealed box firing directly into the back of the seat. There's nowhere for the airpressor that's be created to go. So it's forcing back on the subs. That was kinda my theory. Although the shop that installed it doesn't have the greatest reputation as being good installers so it could have been a poorly set amp. I won't know until I see everything first hand. I've just seen bits and pieces so far.
I was going with this theory, basically putting two high powered higher excursion subs in too small of an enclosure......
cody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #14
Jordan_Kushner
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewImpala View Post
After you look at it and if its ok, would I be able to have a loud ported box that I can put in whenever I want to put in a bass comp or something. I was thinking I could store that box in my garage for when I want to use it. Would that be easier?
Jordan_Kushner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
Dappa5
FloridaSPL Addict

I say jut drop it off and I'll fixx you up ......please ask around ..I have a decent grasp on things (audio that is ) otherwise I an a55 but I can meet ur needs in ur Car I've done quite a few E-34's as well ....so i have ur car already templated etc.....this is an Audi A8L but you get the idea

thinking something similar for yours possibly ported up and coupled with a custom rear deck
the amp rack is hinged and lifts up to expose the batteries and clean sweep .........
Dappa5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
Team XD Rob
FloridaSPL Addict

sealed boxes firing against seats blow subs now? interesttttttttttting
Team XD Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #17
robscustomsapk
FloridaSPL Addict

Your box looks to be fairly large for a sealed box from what I can tell from the pics. Combined with firing into rear seat area and probably improper gain, freq, and subsonic settings is your problem. You can fit a 4th order in there firing thru the ski hole. You will definitely need someone that knows what they're doing to design it for you. If you feel comfortable with drews work, take it to him. If not, I'm sure there are a few people on here that can design it for you. Myself, shaggy, and I've heard robin from bhe. And you could reuse your plexiglas on the new box.
robscustomsapk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
Dappa5
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscustomsapk View Post
Your box looks to be fairly large for a sealed box from what I can tell from the pics. Combined with firing into rear seat area and probably improper gain, freq, and subsonic settings is your problem. You can fit a 4th order in there firing thru the ski hole. You will definitely need someone that knows what they're doing to design it for you. If you feel comfortable with drews work, take it to him. If not, I'm sure there are a few people on here that can design it for you. Myself, shaggy, and I've heard robin from bhe. And you could reuse your plexiglas on the new box.
plexi looks too thin .......i may be wrong ........I wouldn't reuse unless 3/4"

Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Jordan_Kushner
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa5 View Post
I say jut drop it off and I'll fixx you up ......please ask around ..I have a decent grasp on things (audio that is ) otherwise I an a55 but I can meet ur needs in ur Car I've done quite a few E-34's as well ....so i have ur car already templated etc.....this is an Audi A8L but you get the idea

thinking something similar for yours possibly ported up and coupled with a custom rear deck
the amp rack is hinged and lifts up to expose the batteries and clean sweep .........
Wow you do awesome work. That is exactly what I was thinking on porting the box. Something like that
Jordan_Kushner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
Dappa5
FloridaSPL Addict

ur om has been replied to

Tags
box, design, jl audio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FloridaSPL forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

If you're using Yahoo, check your spam box for the registration e-mail from FloridaSPL.

Email Address:

Log-in