1 2500 soundstream or 2 1600's. Info on new Rubicon line? - FloridaSPL
FloridaSPL

Go Back   FloridaSPL > General Discussion > General Audio Discussion

Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
AlecC561
n00b

Exclamation 1 2500 soundstream or 2 1600's. Info on new Rubicon line?

So i have a RE audio XXX sub and i had a hifonics Zues 3000.1 powering it for about 2 months. All the electical is perfect.. O gauge throughout the car. Extra optima yellow top. Big 3.. I was satisfied but i just felt as if the sub could be pushed much harder and with better quality sound. Ive heard a few good things about the new soundstream Rub line and was wondering if anybody has bought them recently and whether the 2500 would be enough power. If not, would the 2 1600's be a good choice? Quality, Power and price wise. If anybody has other suggestions im open to them. Trying to keep the amp under $500 but theres some room to work with.
AlecC561 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Juiceman14
FloridaSPL Addict

...u say u have gd electrical I'd say strap the 1600's @1 & call it a day but,...that's just me :)
Juiceman14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
-PJ
SPL + Florida

I have a rubi 2500 in my Car now @.5 it has outlived my crescendo @.5. Imo theyre decent amps id go 2 2500s

The Following User Says Thank You to -PJ For This Useful Post:
Juiceman14 (04-14-2013)

Old 04-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
Juiceman14
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PJ View Post
I have a rubi 2500 in my car now @.5 it has outlived my crescendo @.5. Imo theyre decent amps id go 2 2500s
I no some1 running 2 2500's strapped @.5 on 4 sa12's & he also has had no issues...for a little over a year now..his build is a testament to gd electrical he has 2 1600 kinetics & 270 dc power as well as 2 runs of 0....point is great amps for the price lol
Juiceman14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
PHATBOi
FloridaSPL Addict

The Rub1.2500 I had left a bad taste in my mouth. But it seems that it was an isolated incident as I have heard nothing but good things from others. Pretty sure the previous owner had put it thru hell then lied to me about it being freshly out of the Amp Medics repair shop.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
CandeShop
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecC561 View Post
So i have a RE audio XXX sub and i had a hifonics Zues 3000.1 powering it for about 2 months. All the electical is perfect.. O gauge throughout the car. Extra optima yellow top. Big 3.. I was satisfied but i just felt as if the sub could be pushed much harder and with better quality sound. Ive heard a few good things about the new soundstream Rub line and was wondering if anybody has bought them recently and whether the 2500 would be enough power. If not, would the 2 1600's be a good choice? Quality, power and price wise. If anybody has other suggestions im open to them. Trying to keep the amp under $500 but theres some room to work with.
Depending on which hifonics amp you have (what year it was made and what level) the "quality of sound" isn't going to change with going to a low quality soundstream line. You're best bet is to find a quality 2-3k used on the forums,eBay or Facebook groups. They'll go for around $500 (for a 3k). Believe it or not the quality of the parts used to build an amp does make a difference on the quality of the sound.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
reelfish92
FloridaSPL Addict

Ya I'd look for something used or an older soundstream. I haven't heard anything good about the RUBI line, cheaply made, feet break off, speaker terminals are brittle, don't like anything under 1 ohm (although guy above runs his at .5). I liked my old old picasso, but then again its older not the new ones. You can find a Crescendo BC3500 for $350-475 used.
reelfish92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

The Following User Says Thank You to reelfish92 For This Useful Post:
Juiceman14 (04-14-2013)

Old 04-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
-PJ
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelfish92 View Post
Ya I'd look for something used or an older soundstream. I haven't heard anything good about the RUBI line, cheaply made, feet break off, speaker terminals are brittle, don't like anything under 1 ohm (although guy above runs his at .5). I liked my old old picasso, but then again its older not the new ones. You can find a Crescendo BC3500 for $350-475 used.
You saw the problems i was having with the crescendo at. 5 direct swap to the rubicon i have had no issues. Maybe i just got lucky
-PJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
reelfish92
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PJ View Post
You saw the problems i was having with the crescendo at. 5 direct swap to the rubicon i have had no issues. Maybe i just got lucky
I know that's crazy man, does it sound good on less power?
reelfish92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
-PJ
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelfish92 View Post
I know that's crazy man, does it sound good on less power?
Audibly it actually doesnt sound different so i might have only lost a few tenths
-PJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

The Following User Says Thank You to -PJ For This Useful Post:
reelfish92 (04-14-2013)

Tags
optima, re audio, rms, soundstream, xxx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FloridaSPL forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

If you're using Yahoo, check your spam box for the registration e-mail from FloridaSPL.

Email Address:

Log-in