Looking for constructive input.. - FloridaSPL
FloridaSPL

Go Back   FloridaSPL > General Discussion > General Audio Discussion

Old 03-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
MrSublime1420
n00b

Default Looking for constructive input..

What up FSPL fam, I just joined the forum a few days ago on my quest to be LOUD and CLEAR. I would like to get some feedback on what I'm shooting for with what I have to work with. What inspired me was the 4th order install on the BHE Altima. I would like to know if it's possible to set up something like that in my ride. I listen to rap more southern than most, some dubstep, old school R&B. Here are a few pics.....

2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona 1420 of 1500 made in that year

Here are the front doors, I'm thinking maybe per door 1 Cresendo PWX 8", 2 PWX 6.5, 1 FT1 Super tweet, and 1 FT1 in the dash.

Haven't came to a decision on the rear doors. It doesn't make sense to me to put more speakers there, but I want it to match the front doors in some way.

This is what I have for trunk space.(yes, the rear strut bars has gotta go!) I've seen a few pics of the BHE Altima install, I'm think my trunk has to be as big if not bigger. 4th order bandpass with 4 12's either DC audio XL's fully loaded or PSI Platform 3's fully loaded.

I would like to port the box through the armrest, I'm willing to remove the armrest from it's hinge to gain more port area. 2nd option is the obvious through the rear deck.

As far as power supply and amplifiers, it looks like a should be able to get 1 d3100 in the cubby space behind the taillights on each side and four in the spare tire well so that's 6 total. Dual 320a alts in the engine bay. 2 BC3500's strapped for the subs mounted on top of the box under the rear deck. The tweets and 6.5 gets a C1100.4. The 8" gets a C1600.2(another pair of 8" in the rear deck) mounted back of the box.

I haven't made up my mind about the source unit yet as far as brands, but I know I want to try a 7" touch screen with navi, at least 4v preouts, usb port, flash thumb drive or sd card. RF 3Sixty.3 for signal processing.

I don't even know if all of this in my Car is even possible. But if there is a will, there is a way.

Alright, let me have it!

P.S. sorry for the large pix, I will make sure I scale them down a bit next time.
MrSublime1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
CandeShop
FloridaSPL Addict

4 12s 4th order. Doubt that'll fit and have enough bandwidth to sound good. Your trunk isn't that big.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
Will Alfonso
SPL + Florida

I've built more than one of those with a bandpass 4 12's not impossible but will be terribly under boxed. Largest I've personally done is 2-15's I did it with rf t1's that were later swapped for t2's and started tearing his sunroof. It was a small 2-15 bandpass but power and woofer quality more than made up for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Will Alfonso For This Useful Post:
shaggy (03-17-2013)

Old 03-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
EpicenterDesigns
Fiberglass Fabrication
FloridaSPL Addict

Send a message via AIM to EpicenterDesigns Send a message via MSN to EpicenterDesigns

I would steer you towards 2 12's in a 4th. It will produce more than enough bass with the power you are wanting to feed it.

For the doors, I would say do 2 8's and 1 tweeter per front door and 1 8 and 1 tweeters per rear door. And then your 8's on the rear deck. You can still had the tweeters to the dash if you like. I would power all this with 2 c1100.4.

For the head unit, you can easily fit a nav screen in there. Just alittle fab work to clean up the factory ear cutouts, or whatever you want to call those stupid notches for the radio knobs, and it will sit nicely. You don't really need the 360.3 IMO.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than
the sweetness of that cheap price!

EpicenterDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EpicenterDesigns For This Useful Post:
bass wrench (03-15-2013), Dappa5 (03-15-2013), Juiceman14 (03-15-2013)

Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
luke81
FloridaSPL Addict

If your car has the special edition #tag on the dash like the Ram trucks do(i dont see it in the pic, but just in case) and you don't want to cut it just go to the dealer and order the dash trim panel from a Charger with factory nav. The opening is already double din sized and you can store away your original dash panel for later.

The Following User Says Thank You to luke81 For This Useful Post:
EpicenterDesigns (03-15-2013)

Old 03-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
bass wrench
FloridaSPL Addict

i have done 4 sa 10's in a 4th..... uses complete trunk. and I know Will's boxes for the 2 12's and 2 15's are great..

I think you can order the factory nav dash bezel to get rid of the 1/2 circle from factory radio.
360.3 is a great piece..... my first choice right now
Epicenter Designs suggestions on door speakers are spot on...

Last edited by bass wrench; 03-15-2013 at 09:40 AM..
bass wrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
MrSublime1420
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandeShop View Post
4 12s 4th order. Doubt that'll fit and have enough bandwidth to sound good. Your trunk isn't that big.
Yeah, I'm still on the fence on whether or not 4 12s will work. Do you know of that Altima I'm referring too? There is only two vids I've been able to find on the net, it only shows the enclosure and no demos. I was told it sounded good though. Would like a visual/audio confirmation. Sucks I live so far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicenterDesigns View Post
I would steer you towards 2 12's in a 4th. It will produce more than enough bass with the power you are wanting to feed it.

For the doors, I would say do 2 8's and 1 tweeter per front door and 1 8 and 1 tweeters per rear door. And then your 8's on the rear deck. You can still had the tweeters to the dash if you like. I would power all this with 2 c1100.4.

For the head unit, you can easily fit a nav screen in there. Just alittle fab work to clean up the factory ear cutouts, or whatever you want to call those stupid notches for the radio knobs, and it will sit nicely. You don't really need the 360.3 IMO.
I appreciate your input, what's your reasoning behind suggesting the 8"s, no 6.5's? Just curious.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
iamamp3pimp
Bass Gangsta
FloridaSPL Addict

Send a message via AIM to iamamp3pimp Send a message via Yahoo to iamamp3pimp

Hey whats up.

I'm really glad that you liked the install in the Altima. I'm sure with the power that youre planning that we can get you setup with some top notch equipment, and stick with 2 12's as well as have enough voltage to kep you jamming for hours on end.

Shoot me an email robin@bassheadsent.net

Thanks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
iamamp3pimp
Bass Gangsta
FloridaSPL Addict

Send a message via AIM to iamamp3pimp Send a message via Yahoo to iamamp3pimp

Personally I dont think that you need 2 4 channel amps to run the highs either, a big powerful 2 channel on the mids and a small amp for the tweets would suffice.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
iamamp3pimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
MrSublime1420
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
Hey whats up.

I'm really glad that you liked the install in the Altima. I'm sure with the power that youre planning that we can get you setup with some top notch equipment, and stick with 2 12's as well as have enough voltage to kep you jamming for hours on end.

Shoot me an email robin@bassheadsent.net

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
Personally I dont think that you need 2 4 channel amps to run the highs either, a big powerful 2 channel on the mids and a small amp for the tweets would suffice.
Yeah I thought your work on stuffing 4 12's in an Altima was pretty impressive! From the looks of things, sticking with 2 12's is the better option for me. That gives more room for batteries and amps configurations. I will be in touch soon to discuss further. Now I really wish I still lived in Atlanta.

Once again, thanks for everyone's input. It helped out a lot on my final decision on design and equipment.

Tags
4th order, charger, dc audio, dual alts, psi car audio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FloridaSPL forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

If you're using Yahoo, check your spam box for the registration e-mail from FloridaSPL.

Email Address:

Log-in