07 Nitro R/T Help - FloridaSPL
FloridaSPL

Go Back   FloridaSPL > General Discussion > General Audio Discussion

Old 10-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
ToneDeaf_2012
SPL + Florida

Default 07 Nitro R/T Help

I am putting in the audio from my truck but I am going to keep the factory head unit/nav.

Where can I find a clean signal and will I run into problems with the factory amp. It has the infinity system with sub + mids and tweets in all 4 doors. from what I read the factory amp Is in the back and runs all speakers.

I am only installing my mono amp and sub.
ToneDeaf_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Treye
SPL + Florida

JL Clean Sweep? You can find the Wire that goes to the factory sub and put a LOC onto that so it only gets the signal going to the sub. Unless by sub you meant dedicated midbass in door. May want to just pull full signal and let the amp do the filtering.

Or find input into factory amp and tap in there before amp with LOC?

Someone correct me if Im wrong. Probably better advice to be had on here than mine. Somewhere to start though, good luck!
Treye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
ToneDeaf_2012
SPL + Florida

I mean factory 8 inch in trunk area. Thats what I was thinking is pull directly from there but would I want the amplified signal orntry and find something before the amp?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #4
luke81
FloridaSPL Addict

There's a good chance in that vehicle you aren't going to be able to use the pre-amp signal. It's normally a fixed-level, with the volume control actually happening in the amplifier. The crossovers and factory EQ is all handled within that amplifier as well. You've got two options here: One, tag onto the factory sub Wire with a normal LOC. This is going to give you useful signal but I have no idea where the OEM crossover point is or what EQ'ing is done in amp. It may also be volume dependent, which means the EQ or even the overall output level varies depending where you are on the volume scale. This way will work, but it's not the best way. The best way would be to use a Pac C2A-CHY23 module. This part gives you a clean, flat 20-20K RCA output right at the radio.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
ToneDeaf_2012
SPL + Florida

Thank you

Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
luke81
FloridaSPL Addict

Ooh I just thought of something....that pac part is a newer version of an older part. I know on the old version it disabled all audio to the OEM amp, and you want to use that to power everything else. I'm not sure about this newer version. I've only used when replacing the entire system. If you decide to go the module route you might want to call them to verify that it will still pass signal to your OEM amp
luke81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FloridaSPL forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

If you're using Yahoo, check your spam box for the registration e-mail from FloridaSPL.

Email Address:

Log-in