Driving to Crescendo to pick up a ton of stuff Friday 4/5 =) - Page 21 - FloridaSPL
FloridaSPL

Go Back   FloridaSPL > General Discussion > General Audio Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #201
NT_Hardcore
FloridaSPL Addict

Send a message via AIM to NT_Hardcore

all i can say is in the last 5 weeks iv learned a lot. and most of the views in this thread are not correct. the spl community makes up a small % of a local shops business if any. its pretty wild tbh. the industry is a lot different than i thought from a retail stand point-
NT_Hardcore is offline   Quick reply to this message

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NT_Hardcore For This Useful Post:
1Sik1500 (04-11-2013), Chuck (04-09-2013), EpicenterDesigns (04-09-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #202
Florida Rep
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_Hardcore View Post
all i can say is in the last 5 weeks iv learned a lot. and most of the views in this thread are not correct. the spl community makes up a small % of a local shops business if any. its pretty wild tbh. the industry is a lot different than i thought from a retail stand point-
I wish it was different!

I can count on my hands how many shops do business with the DIY crowd.. but what's more shocking is probably on 20% of all sales the shop made $$$.

Most of the time its just a project, something different or just trying to be the good guy & help.

I used to do that when I was in retail.. 99.9% of customers don't want a 4th order w/ 4 18" subs.. but sometimes, its just a fun project!

If you add up the hours involved, I probably LOST money every time.. but it was fun...and not my money ;)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Florida Rep For This Useful Post:
db race (04-10-2013), shaggy (04-09-2013)

Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #203
beat2deth
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandeShop View Post
Gonna have to change that sales speech if you plan on going further. You'll have the occasional customer that'll drop off a Car and trust you with $Xxxx amount of dollars to make them have something that they'll enjoy. But you'll have a majority of customers that just want certain things and don't need the tech speech that they don't understand, they'll feel stupid and go elsewhere. It's what happens. Friends of mine have taught me this. You'll be surprised at how many have been calling me, even after getting prices from some competitors.
you arent fooling anyone.
beat2deth is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #204
AudiophilesEngineering
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Gonna have to change that sales speech if you plan on going further. You'll have the occasional customer that'll drop off a Car and trust you with $Xxxx amount of dollars to make them have something that they'll enjoy. But you'll have a majority of customers that just want certain things and don't need the tech speech that they don't understand, they'll feel stupid and go elsewhere. It's what happens. Friends of mine have taught me this. You'll be surprised at how many have been calling me, even after getting prices from some competitors.
It all depends on how you say what you say, and how your actions back your words up. We are all trying to find our balance ;)
http://Facebook.com/AudiophilesEngineering

"Custom sound systems through proven science."
Crescendo Audio, CT Sounds, Dayton Audio, Singer Alternators, Sky High Car Audio, Parts Express, Tantric Sounds, and more!
AudiophilesEngineering is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #205
CandeShop
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileAudiophiles View Post
It all depends on how you say what you say, and how your actions back your words up. We are all trying to find our balance ;)
There are going to be customers who just want it to sound good (and are on a budget). They don't care about the technical aspects. Trust me I've already had clients like that.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #206
beat2deth
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
There are going to be customers who just want it to sound good (and are on a budget). They don't care about the technical aspects. Trust me I've already had clients like that.
all of your clients are like that, which is probably good for you, because you couldnt get away with charging a non-budget price, nor could you get away with trying to conduct a conversation on the technical aspects with someone that knows what theyre talking about.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #207
jlm1216
FloridaSPL Addict

Derailed thread has been derailed. Sooooooo, did anyone actually respond to the op's original statement? I completely lost interest at page 3.

The Following User Says Thank You to jlm1216 For This Useful Post:
PHATBOi (04-10-2013)

Old 04-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #208
beat2deth
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm1216 View Post
Derailed thread has been derailed. Sooooooo, did anyone actually respond to the op's original statement? I completely lost interest at page 3.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #209
FG24U
SPL + Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat2deth View Post
all of your clients are like that, which is probably good for you, because you couldnt get away with charging a non-budget price, nor could you get away with trying to conduct a conversation on the technical aspects with someone that knows what theyre talking about.
hate much?
FG24U is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #210
Dappa5
FloridaSPL Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
Stop crying, I'm not talking about Crescendo. Crescendo has been nothing but good to me, as a customer, and as a dealer. If said company chooses not to have me represent them because they directly undercut me as a dealer and have poor business practice then so be it.
Wasn't about all that ...was trying show a parallel between hobbyist turned shop owner and the growing pains a new company faces .......just used ur quote to jump off .......so relax........Iswear ....this forum has such a troll infestation that everyone... I mean everyone....reads way too much into nothing ........hell I'm guilty of it too ......but please try to understand what I was saying .....there is no need to "decode" my post looking for hidden digs .....if I want to say it I do ........was just making a point .........
Dappa5 is offline   Quick reply to this message

The Following User Says Thank You to Dappa5 For This Useful Post:
low_dime (04-10-2013)
Closed Thread

Tags
crescendo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the FloridaSPL forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

If you're using Yahoo, check your spam box for the registration e-mail from FloridaSPL.

Email Address:

Log-in